Tuesday 31 August 2010

Night of the Living Trekkies

Authors Kevin Anderson and Sam Stall
Quirk Fiction
£9.99
ISBN 978-1-59474-463-1
Quirk fiction is mixing genres - who thought that would work?  Actually, in this book at least, it does.  Night of the Living Trekkies is a brilliant sci-fi concept, bringing fans and zombies together (eek).  Ultra-readable, once I was over the first couple of pages I couldn't put it down.  So well written it played in my head like a movie - in fact, someone really should make a film of it.
What I particularly liked about this book was that the 'how-and-the-why' of zombies was fully explained - there was a reasoning behind it, instead of the usual 'well, they all turned into zombies somehow and you have to shoot their heads off'.
I would recommend this, and can't wait for the next one - and I'm not usually into zombies, trek, wars or any other sci-fi.
(Severed) footnote:  Trekkie/Trekker hubbie read this, and also thought it was brilliant.

No comments: